Casino Cruises in Goa
Goa was the first Indian state to permit casinos to encourage tourism. There are 12 casinos in Goa, out of which six are land-based, are located along the shore in luxury hotels and six are floating casinos found on boats anchored in the Mandovi River. Most of the entertainment including dancing, singing and other activities takes place on the floating casinos. Deltin Group and the Pride Group are the two main popular floating casinos in Goa. The former has higher entry fees and is popular with players of western games whereas the later has a lower entry fee, serves more to the masses and the Indian market.
Best floating casinos in Goa:
- Deltin Royale: Deltin Royale is Asia’s largest luxury offshore gaming den. It has four floors with 123 gaming tables, a dedicated poker room, an exclusive room for Indian flush, a whiskey lounge, an entertainment area, a gourmet restaurant, and a kids’ zone.
- Deltin Caravela: Deltin Caravela is for those people who want to enjoy gaming with luxury. It has 8 guest suites, including an extravagant two-level Mansion Suite with its own private gaming tables, 17 gaming tables , on-deck Jacuzzi, a spa, fine dining restaurant and bar located on the sundeck.
- Deltin Jaqk: Its earlier name was Casino Royale. It has three floors with 50 tables and 30 slot machines, a bar, and restaurants. There’s a special learners’ table for beginners.
- Casino Pride: Casino Pride is the most popular casino in Goa. It’s a bit cheaper compared to Deltin Group. It hosts big poker tournaments and has bollywood-style live acts. There are three floors, a weather deck, 40 gaming tables plus slot machines and a special kids’ zone
- Casino Pride 2: Its earlier name was Casino Carnival. It has two floors with 27 gaming tables, a VIP room. You can go between Casino Pride and Casino Pride 2 at no additional cost.
- Maharajah Casino: It’s a latest addition to offshore casino and is opened in early 2018. It’s much smaller compared to Deltin Royale and Casino Pride boats. It offers a wide range of Indian games. It has gaming tables, a restaurant, live entertainment and kids’ corner.
Entry fee may vary depending on the package and cruise. These rates are not valid for blackout days like Christmas, New Year Week, special performances etc. The approximate rates are:
- Starts with Rs.1500 with Rs. 500 One Time Play Coupons on Week Days
- Starts with Rs.2000 with Rs. 1000 One Time Play Coupons on Saturday and Sunday
The packages fee is inclusive of drinks, snacks, and live entertainment.
- 24*7 a week. Entertainment begins at 8.00 pm
- Smart casual (Shorts and sleeveless T-shirts, Flip-flops/chappals are not allowed)
Types of Games:
American Roulette, Mini-Baccarat, Blackjack, Indian Flush, Andar Bahar, Casino War, Rashi Wheel, 3 Card Poker, 5 Card Poker, Mini Flush, Mang Patta, Black Jack, Casino War, Texas Hold’em Poker, Papplu (Rummy), slot machines.
Things to Carry
A government-approved photo ID card (driving license, Adhaar card, voters id)